Monday, August 11, 2014

Favorite Robin William Movies


Just found out on Twitter about Robin Williams. It made me really sad. He did a lot of movies. I've seen a number of them, he was a busy man. He was a good actor and comedian. I know he will be missed by all. In remembrance, here are some of the movies I personally liked with him in it.

Good Morning Vietnam:

This was my first exposure to Robin as a kid. I liked the fact he was able to make all those crazy sounds and voices. Definitely, made me like improv and comedians because of him. Probably one of the reasons I liked to act on stage and perform.

Dead Poet Society:

I remember watching this in school. Definitely encouraged the writing part of my brain. To be expressive with the words I wrote or typed. I liked this movie.

Aladdin:

You can't talk about Williams without bringing up Genie. I mean let's be real, Genie made those movies. His replacement in Return of Jafar paled in comparison to Robin's performance. That's why I loved his return in King of Thieves.

Hook:

I remember watching this movie constantly. My siblings and I watched it so much that we had the sword fights between Hook and Pan down. Definitely one of my family's favorites.

Bicentennial Man:

I was very hesitant about this movie. I don't know why, I just wasn't keen on seeing this film at first. Then I saw it with a friend of mine and was completely blown away by it. I'm glad I saw this movie, would have been a huge mistake if I missed out on his picture perfect performance.

Mrs. Doubtfire:

If you're a legitimate Williams fan you have to have seen Mrs. Doubtfire. This is literally a requirement in life. If you have not seen this film, you're in for a world of hurt. This is going on the list as a Robin Williams classic. I read somewhere that a sequel was in the works. Man, that would have been a great movie. Looks like we'll never know. Nevertheless, you must see this movie if you haven't.

Where are all of my Robin Williams fans? I know your list will differ from mine. So give it to me humans. Give me you favorite films of Robin Williams career.

3 comments:

  1. Just a few to mention at the moment.

    Aladdin
    Mrs. Doubtfire
    Robots

    Oddly enough, I haven't actually seen very many of his films. I thought I had seen more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's still enough to have good memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those films mentioned were epic. Here's a few more: Flubber (love that movie), Ferngully (he was the bat that escaped a lab), Jack, Jumanji (I was a kid when I saw this; actually, when I saw most of these), Good Will Hunting, RV (funny in that embarrassing-parent sort of way), Happy Feet, and Night at the Museum (LOVED him as Teddy Roosevelt!). He was my first childhood acting hero and if not for him, it might have taken me longer to get into improv.

    ReplyDelete