Saturday, November 1, 2014

Is Change Good?



The answer to that question varies. It all depends on the situation. A change in the comic book universe can be a big deal. Especially if its influenced by the cinematic or television universe. Here are some of changes or additions that affect the comics.




Green Lantern Uniform:


There are mixed feelings about this. The point in the movie was that it's to show they are of alien origin. I would have to agree with that train of thought. It would make sense that these suits have to look like you couldn't get them from Ebay. So I appreciate the alien gear. The comics actually made a slight change with their emblem to represent the alien connection. It wasn't a large change, but it works.



Harley Quinn:

We all love this girl. Let's remember she didn't make her debut until Batman: The Animated Series. However, she was a fan favorite and was introduced into the DCU later.






Agent Phil Coulson:

I'm showing the animated version of him. However, for those who don't know. Coulson was introduced in the first Iron Man film and exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe until his "demise" in Avengers. Once again another fan favorite that he was put in Ultimate Spiderman cartoon where he fits perfectly. And is currently alive and breathing in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He was also showed up in comic book form in 2010.






X-Men Uniforms:

A lot of people hated these uniforms. Now at the time, the classic blue and yellow didn't translate into the films and I was okay that. It made sense to me. And it directly influenced some of the comics. Ultimate X-Men and other series that were influenced by the movie from 2000. Now let's see First Class change some stuff in the new movie.





Batman's Uniform:

The New 52 Batman was influenced by Batman from The Dark Knight Trilogy. Actually Batman's gear post Batman Begins is armored now. You'l notice it a lot in the current Arkham games. I personally am okay with it. It just makes sense, when you're fighting people who want to put holes into you. You kind of need better gear that just nice duds. 


There are so many more. I might do more that will be cool to talk about. Let me know what you think. I know I'll get some feedback from one person I know......you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment