Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Biggest Moments of my Comic Book experience


Every universe has there moments. As readers, we always treasure or loathe these moments. However, we all have our favorites and the ones we will always remember. I'm sure they all differ. Nevertheless, here are the moments in comic book history that I will always remember.

Death and Life of Superman:

I pretty much almost hurt myself when this was presented to me when I was younger. We all thought Superman was invincible. This story proved he was all but. This story was great. It brought for us Superboy, Steel, it was pretty cool.

Infinity Gauntlet:

This story from the outside looked really epic. And it still is. Once you realize why Thanos, one of the many banes of the universe, did what he did. You want to go smack this titan right in the mouth. This story was still good. It was one of the few times the Marvel Universe died......literally. If this movie sees the light of day (I know you can do it Marvel/Disney), it will trump any movie out there.

Wolverine Origins:

Yes, I'm talking about the comic and not the movie. It was nice to get a beginning of Wolverine. Now granted, the mystery was great to me. It left everything in the air about where he came from and I liked that. Nevertheless, this story is pretty sweet and gave us a birth name to the enigma that is known as Logan.

Onslaught:

I don't know why, but Marvel heroes are always getting wiped out. The amalgam of Magneto and Xavier known as Onslaught presented another situation where this came into play. A very scary and tough enemy which required heroes and villains alike to take him out. Even though Doom did try to dip out.

Battle for the Cowl:

I personally hated how Batman died and his weird mouth return. However, I did like the story it brought forth. Every person came to surface when this happened. And it forced Nightwing to become what he was fighting hard to avoid. I hated the debut of Damian and what happened to my boy Timothy. However, it still brought for some pretty decent changes to the universe. Too bad stinkin DC messed with it, I was looking forward to see where it would go.

House of M:

I liked this story. It reminded me of the Mirror/Mirror episode of Star Trek. The whole universe was different. I kind of liked how it was done. I did hate however, what they did with Gambit, it was a cop out. However, I wish Marvel held on to this idea just a little bit longer. It was really cool.

Civil War:

You can't have H.O.M. without bringing up Civil War. The epic clash between heroes. And the iconic clash of Iron Man and Captain America. I loved this story. I was of course on the side of Cap.

Death of Cap:

It was a sad day for all Marvel fans when this happened. I mean it was on the news, on national television. That's how much this affected people. Now granted, because this is Marvel, they brought the boy scout back, I have my own feelings about that. It was a sad moment, however his death gave us a pretty cool replacement. And revelations about specific Marvel characters and their connection with Steve Rogers.

Dark Phoenix Saga:

You can't have a comic moment list without bringing up Jean Grey. This saga was so epic, it had my mother reading it. It brought in all kind of characters. From the Shiar empire to the Hellfire Club.  A really good story. And on the short list of the few Marvel characters that aren't being resurrected......yet.

2 comments: