Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cartoons We Must Not Forget


I know we remember all the basic 80's cartoons. Like Transformers, TMNT, He-Man and etc. However there are other cartoons I grew up with that I think we all forgot.

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice:

I loved this cartoon. It's music was epic. The characters were really cool. I wished I was transported to that time to get that sick armors and weapons. They were the Power Rangers in King Arthur's timeline. Love that show.

Gobots:

I don't know if they were trying to compete with Transformers or not. The fact we keep seeing movies and cartoons are proof the autobots are still alive. This show was okay. It was clear which roles each character played.

Silver Hawks:

Was definitely one of my favorite shows. The ability to fly in a sick silver armor. I want that!! They had a cool ship and awesome powers. Love that show.....must watch this again.

Fraggle Rock:

I honestly don't remember the premise of this show. I just know they lived in the wall of this guys house. And the only person who knew they existed was the guys dog. Didn't they have a band too? It's been a long time since I seen this show.

The Littles:

This was the jam back in the day. The miniature universe was pretty cool. More elaborate than the Smurfs and more personality than Fraggle Rock. I know I just made a bold statement. Let's see what happens.

Gummi Bears:

My friends are going to laugh at this. I was sportin this theme song for a while. I have the first three seasons as well (it was a gift). I still like this show. Although these guys have a juicin problem......literally. They need to be on Intervention. Always drinking and depending on "Gummi Juice". 12 step problem for all of you.

M.A.S.K.:

Now who remembers this show? It's cross between Knight Rider and Transfomers. M.A.S.K. or Mobile Armored Strike Kommand used their vehicles to take on V.E.N.O.M. or Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem. I think I had one of the toys as a kid. I hate the little scooter, trash compactor character, wanted to drop kick him.

Galaxy Rangers:

I kind of remember this show. It combined two things I was into. Space and being a person of the law. I wanted to be cop when I was kid and this fit into my wheelhouse. Doesn't the black guy remind you of Billy Dee Williams? Maybe that's why I watched it, hmmmm.

Dungeons and Dragons:

Before I go on. I know this is a Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. My mom let me watch it so I watched it. Don't judge me! I liked the show though. They were stuck in a obviously fantasy world and were trying to get back home. I loved that bow, it fired energy arrows. I so wanted that bow.

There were so many shows growing up. I never got to see them all. For those who were actually alive in the 80's throw out some more if you can think of any.

2 comments:

  1. Whilst I grew up in the 90's, I will say this: the D&D show was cool, and...

    Fraggle Rock had plenty of personality and I loved that show as a kid (had 'em on VHS). The premise wasn't entirely how you described it, but close enough. But it was much more than that. There was another kingdom where even humans would be small, inhabited by large fuzzy giants (muppets, whatcha gonna do?), and actually, the dog didn't know they existed. They actually lived far underground, though one of the Fraggles actually ventures out and explores the surface world, interacting with humans, with amusing results...

    sorry, ranting. I'll stop now.

    Can ya tell I like this show still?

    ReplyDelete