Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mass Effect 4 What I want from it


I love Mass Effect, I mean I played it as much as I've played Final Fantasy VIII, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time combined. Bioware had made some good strides with Knights of the Old Republic. However, they hit it out of the park with Mass Effect. I almost missed out on this game, I kind of ignored it. I walked in on my brother playing it and immediately left the house to get my own personal copy. It's on the list of the best game purchases I've ever made. There was a recent announcement of a Mass Effect 4 and I was completely jazzed. Now some humans are worried due to the controversial ending in Mass Effect 3. I am excited and I hope they hold on to what made the series great.

Mass Effect:

Obviously with it being the first, it was completely innovative. It was open world and everything you did affected your outcome. It is still my ultimate favorite. What I liked about it was that the game was very story driven. The moral compass aspect was awesome and your relationship with the characters was pretty cool. It was an upgraded KOTOR in my opinion. I like that you can get different licensing for different weapons and gear. They should bring that back.

Mass Effect 2:

I played this one as much as the first one. Really cool characters and power options were really sweet. There were a lot of pretty cool things to do on this one. I like the upgrades for the weapons and gear. The different pieces of armor you can get to improve your Shepard. The side missions were really cool and the character missions I thought were awesome. I like how the upgrades to the new Normandy made the difference in the survival of certain characters. Also in the end how certain decisions on the Collector's ship made the difference in life or death with your characters. I also like the prompts in the interactions with the variety of situations. Please keep that, keep it!!!

Mass Effect 3:

I played and beat the game once (got the third option), I honestly liked the game. I know folks had problems with this game. It was a little too cinematic and not enough game-play in my opinion. The resource thing got annoying in this one and the second one. It was still a fun game. The stealth attacks were okay but weren't important. I do like that certain weapons were for certain classes. And I like how you can get any weapon but affected how you fought because it wasn't meant for your class. The upgrade options in the game were really cool too. An improvement on what the first one had. I think the amassing of alien forces to tip the balance in the war was really cool. I always like the side missions for Shepard and the other characters. They need to keep that. The transition from in-game cutscene to actual game-play I thought was fantastic. They need to keep that as well.

Either way, if Bioware keeps doing what they do well and not allow EA to mess with them. I know people hated the soap opera-ish aspect of the game. Now yes, the determination some folks had to make Shepard like James Bond is a little unnecessary. However, some of that drama needs to exist to make a compelling story and good interaction between the protagonist the other characters. And in truth don't let all of the complaints and trolling of players to ruin their vision of the new game. I'm sure it'll be great and it'll look awesome on the X-Box One and the PS4. Please keep it on both platforms, or I'll hunt you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment