Sunday, June 1, 2014

Best X-Men films, David Effect list

In light of the release of Days of Future Past, many people are thinking about X-Men. I'm one of those people. It made me reflect on the past films and gave me the urge to list the films in descending order from best to worst. And here we go:

1.X-Men (2000)

I love this movie.....a lot. I remember when I saw this trailer for the first time. I watched literally for 30 minutes, maybe even more than that. I bought the OST of this movie. The first time seeing X-Men on the big screen I was all nostalgic. I had my doubts at first (Hugh Jackman), but I loved it when I saw it. There was some hang ups, like Storm not sound like......Storm. Sabertooth looking all feral, him and Wolverine not acknowledging each other. Nevertheless, I love the film, it was the first. They're the reason we have Captain America and the Avengers. So thank you Fox and Bryan Singer for getting the ball rolling.

2. X-Men United (2003)

This was a really good movie. I like how it was the window into Wolverine's past, which was cool to see. Granted, the whole thing with Lady Deathstrike was unnecessary for the story, but it was cool to see her nonetheless. I also enjoyed Singer's touch into the Dark Phoenix concept in this sequel. I'm sad he wasn't able to elaborate.

3. X-Men First Class (2011)

I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Now yes, it wasn't the first class we were all hoping for. Maybe it was the one we don't deserve. Sorry....didn't mean to quote Dark Knight, it was too easy. Either way, I thought this movie as fantastic. You got to see how powerful Shaw really was.....I mean wow. And the glimpse into the relationship between Xavier and Magneto, thought it was great.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

The first X-Men movie to receive 5 stars. You did an X-Men fan proud. Now yes, it was different from the comics, but I think it did it justice. And the after credit ending definitely makes me want more. Thank you Singer for saving the X-Men franchise. Get through this scandal situation and let's see some Apocalypse.

5. The Wolverine (2013)

Who said this man is too old to play Wolverine? Look how shredded this man is? I mean he was meant to play this character. Now I have my issues about this film. I think Silver Samurai was dumb and the true concept of his life in Japan should have been touched on. I didn't like this film at first, but after a second look through the film, I'm pretty pleased with it. Better than its predecessor.

6. Wolverine Origins (2009)

Before I rip into this film, because I am. There was some good elements in it. I think it was a little too flashy. The Wolverine needed some of its flash. I think Ryan Reynolds did a good Wade and Liev was a good Sabertooth. They literally botched up the whole thing. With the relationship between Creed and Logan to the relationship and powers of  Silver Fox. And they destroyed Wade's powers and origin. But it wasn't the worst film. 

7. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

The only good points I have for this film is Beast, Shadowcat, Wolverine played his part. Storm wasn't horrible either. However, the movie was all over the place. Not only did they combine literally three stories (the war, the cure and dark phoenix), but Fox let Bratner film the movie. All kinds of no on that one. And Angel was super pointless. It was good to see Hank taking people out though. 

I know you humans can't argue with this list. I mean come on! And for those who say the X-Men movies were the Wolverine Show can meet me in the parking lot of an Applebees and talk this out......all nerd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment