Friday, June 20, 2014

Old Heroes, New Universe



As a kid there were a bunch of cartoon characters I watched and wanted to be. When I got older, I realized that some of these characters needed a new age reboot. I mean they've done it to Transformers and TMNT constantly. I think some of these ideas would be great to reboot, but with a David Wilson twist to them.

Inspector Gadget:

I like this picture because this would be the way I would redo him. I definitely would make him darker. Make him a legitimate cyborg. Not make him all absent minded and stupid. This isn't Flubber! Have Penny definitely be a professional hacker and their dog a retired police dog. It would be sick. I think Claw can still remain faceless, that would be awesome. Have him actually go after renegade cyborgs, man, the possibilities. 

Space Ghost:

Loved me some Space Ghost when I was a kid. He was awesome. Had really cool armbands, he could fly, go invisible, loved it. I think if he was rebooted, he could stay pretty much the same. Just make his crew less Wonder Twiny, and get rid of the monkey. We don't need the monkey, they eat your face off!! With improved animation and some great voice actors and story. Space Ghost could make a come back. And none of that coast to coast junk. That show got old really fast.

Darkwing Duck:

Look, I know that he was never meant to be taken seriously. He was like a parody of Batman and stuff, I get that. However, what if was created in a serious light. With some really sick villains and allies. It was very clear he new different styles of martial arts. Add some really cool accessories for his gas gun and you'll have a really sick Darkwing. Take away Launchpad (I know we like him) and give him a legit Robin-like sidekick and there you go!! A legit terror that flaps in the night.

Blue Falcon:


As you can tell, I loved a lot of these older characters. They were reminiscent of Batman and I loved it. I mean come on. If they updated his suit. Give him a sick robot dog, because Dinomut can stuff it. He would be completely awesome. And forget Harvey Birdman, Blue Falcon would jack him up. 

She-Ra:


I mean why not. They did it to He-Man and they did a pretty decent job in my opinion. It was a little too flashy, but a really good job. I think they should do the same with her universe and make it as cool as the previous Masters of the Universe.

Thunder Cats:


I know what you're going to say. But David, didn't they already do it? And you're right, they did. The only thing I actually appreciate of the 2011 (?) reboot was the expansion of the universe. However, I didn't appreciate what they did to some of the characters. I didn't like what they did to Lion-O. He is supposed to be a kid in an adults body, I love that. He was forced to grow up in order to become king, I liked that story. I hated what they did to Panthro. He looked like an old drunk in the reboot. I need my sick techy black guy Panthro from the old series. I think they need to redo the series and be respectful to the original. Keep them looking like themselves. Stop trying to......I don't know what they were doing with them. They need to make the series like the comics, the ones several years ago, that was sick!!!

Voltron:

My sweet, sweet Voltron. I love this cartoon with all my being. I literally grew up on this show. Just hearing the old theme song brings the hype this man right now. Now yes they did the Voltron Force series and it wasn't too bad. I was kind of impressed with it. I mean they had a sick theme and they did a decent job with continuing the story after the original. I think with myself personally we should stick with the original team and focus on them. At some point they kept doing shows with kids being involved, Voltron Force, Transformer Prime and etc. They weren't bad at all. They were really good cartoons. I just think they should focus on the main characters instead of constantly trying to pass the mantle. Maybe I'm being bias, I just love my Voltron. I also think they should bring in the other Voltron Force, the vehicle one. I mean why not! Would be a pretty awesome separate story with their own characters and purpose. Give me what I want!!

I think they should consider this. Would be much better than the junk they pass for cartoons these days. We would get a lot more out of it in my opinion. Besides, we need to educate the kids these days on what real cartoons are like. In yo face Chowder. I don't know why I said that, Chowder is pretty funny. I love Adventure Time too. I don't hate all of them. Just the ones that hurt my face.

4 comments:

  1. I think Dark wing Duck would be the tallest order of them all. And wow you are absolutely on track with the Inspector Gadget, I could make that Movie in a heartbeat. No Problem. With any luck, We just might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a (good) Vultron reboot. I say (good), not to down the recent ones, but cuz with reboots lately, as you've described, it's hit or terrible miss. And Dark Inspector Gadget would be phenomenal. I would pay to see that. Heck, ya wanna team up on the script?

    ReplyDelete