Monday, June 2, 2014

Top Ten Why Smallville Started to Suck

Now before you humans lose it, listen up. I wasn't a big fan of Smallville at first. It was too Last Son of Krypton meets 90210. I hate that kind of stuff. But my buddy got me to look into the show again and I got hooked. I literally own seasons 1-7. However, the show started to lose my love for it. And I have 10 reasons why in ascending order (bad to worst).

10. Doomsday

Here's my problem with this. Why in the world is he in there? I mean Clark wasn't even comfortable being Superman and yet he's going to take one of the strongest characters he's ever faced. Stop catering to fans dudes, come on.

9. Darkseid

It's literally on the same rant about Doomsday. It was too soon for something like this. Read the comics, man even watch Superman TAS, he wasn't the first major villain he fought. Plus he looked like Treebeard if he was made of stone. Or even Rockeater from Neverending Story.

8. Zod Complex

Now I know we want to see Zod because of Superman 2. At the time Man of Steel wasn't out yet. However, Zod has been done in Smallville way too much. From Lex being the vessel for Zod to this. Why do we need Zod through the entire show? You're making us hate the character. Terrance Stamp, Michael Shannon, you did a wonderful job. But too much Zod......way too much. I mean he's even a character in Injustice.

7. Everyone had powers

This is one of my major issues with Smallville. I mean everyone had powers. From the guy with the death touch to Chloe being a metahuman. I mean come on! I'll give them kudos for variety, but not everyone has to have powers. Especially in Smallville, that was the reason it was a shocker, it was so rare. Can't have that if Cletus can rip trees out of the ground with his bare hands for no apparent reason. I'm sure there was a Cletus. It's Kansas give me a break.

6. Chloe was too important

Now before you guys lose it. I love Alison Mack and I love Chloe. She was that nerdy hot girl that all of us nerdy guys love. And I think she played an important in the show. However, her role in the story I believe was greatly stretched. Lana was supposed to be what Chloe was for Clark. I get what they were doing but I don't think it was a good idea. Don't recreate the lore.

5. Too much Kryptonite

I believe there was literally too much Kryptonite in this show. The fact that the comic books actually made an entire graphic novel of Batman and Superman hunting down all the kryptonite proves that point. I mean everyone had it. Jewelers, drug addicts, jocks who were juicin with it. I mean it was ridiculous. I get they were trying to show the different ways kryptonite could be used. But it was supposed to be rare.....I think the show overkilled the used of it.

4. Everyone had Clark's powers

This bugged the crap out of me. I'm telling you, just about everyone had Clark powers. From Jonathon to Lionel. I mean everyone had them. I think almost every season at least one person had Clark's abilities. It was getting old really fast.

3. Jor El

The reason why I don't like Jor El on Smallville is that they make Jor El out to be a jacked up character. He was willing to do anything to get Clark to accept his lineage as the Last Son of Krypton. He was willing to lie, manipulate people in his life to make it happen. If my alien father who was now an AI did that, I would never become Superman. At least not because he willed it so.

2. Lana Lang

I hate the way they did her. She was all over the place. In the comic books she was the one who was in love with Clark. He was the reason that never happened, not the other way around. She was supposed to be his confidant and support. In The Death and Life of Superman, she was there for Lois when they thought Kal died. That was the person she was supposed to be. However, they made her fickle at some point. Evil, selfish and even judgmental. What?!

1. Clark Kent

He was the most wishy washy character in the entire series. I get it! He wants to fit in. But also use his powers to help people. It was retarded how he took forever to accept his heritage and his powers. It was retarded. And when he finally accepted we get......nothing. Don't get me wrong Tom Welling did a great job. But they let his journey go on for wayyyyyyy too long.

If you don't agree with me. You're more than welcomed to express yourself.

2 comments:

  1. BROTHER... IVE ALWAYS HATED SUPERMAN... BUT I CANT LIE... I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW WHILE I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.. BUT!!!- I STOPPED WATCHING AFTER THE BROTHER MAN STOPPED MAKING APPEARANCES... SAM JONES THE 3RD ANYONE??

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a cool Pete Ross. I guess they didn't want too many supportive characters for Clark.....I don't know. Pete was one of his best friends, it would make sense he was there the entire time like Chloe. But hey, they didn't run it by me first, lol

    ReplyDelete