Friday, June 20, 2014

Heroes returns!! And I don't care!!


Nobody loved this show like I did. I watched this show faithfully. I even met one of the writers of the show Jeph Loeb at Wonder Con years ago. I was super jazzed about this show when it started. However, it started to let me down, especially half way through season 3 and all of season 4. In truth I didn't watch season 4 all of the way through. I just couldn't, the writing was killing me on the inside. Now with this announcement about Heroes returning. I was like, "Who cares?!" I know that seems rough, but the show let me down and they ruined certain characters in the show. If this show was ever going to get my love again, this is what needs to return and what needs to be resolved. Granted, I haven't seen season 4 all of the way through, so if this stuff was resolved, you're allowed to clarify for me.

Peter:

Peter was by far my favorite character. He was the destined for greatness character I always wanted to be. The show however, jacked him up. Not only did they give him a anti-climatic throw down with Sylar. They stripped down his powers and killed Future Peter. What! I want him on the road to becoming Future Peter. Now sure, he doesn't necessarily have to be so dark, but I liked the concept. And I was hoping he would get half-way to this persona. Give us the Peter we need, but don't deserve! No seriously, return him to the way he was.

Claire Bennet


Now that's assuming she returns. She was living it up in that Nashville show. But if she does, they need to clean her up a bit. This character was literally all over the place. At one moment, she wanted to be normal. Then she wanted to fight crime by hunting down criminal mutants. Then she wanted to go to college. Then she joined the circus.....I don't know anymore. And with that supposed prophecy about her. Last I checked it never clarified her importance in the universe and I'm pretty sure it still wasn't resolved.

Hiro Nakamura

I want this! Give me this or I'll walk away from the show forever!! Well I kind of already did but listen to me. I loved Hiro and so did Jeph Loeb. That whole brain thing junk they did in season 4 really made me walk away from the show. He was one of my favorite characters next to Peter and you messed with his journey to this. I mean look at him. He's in all black, cool ponytail and katana. And Hiro has a soul patch. You can always take someone seriously with that kind of soul patch!! I mean I like his goofy side, but even he has to get serious at some point. I really wanted to see him train and become a serious character like I know he could develop to be.

Matt Parkman

Talking about sending a guy all over the place. Parkman was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. At first he didn't know what to do with his powers. Then he was being written to be this sick telepath detective. I was like do it! He could be like Bishop and Sage in the District X comics. But no!!! Then he was confused again with what he wanted. Now him and Sylar became roomies in his head. What!! Gotta make up your mind with what you want to do with him. Either turn him into Det. Charles Xavier or make him into a nobody. None of this wishy washy stuff. Which is what you were doing with Claire too. Knock it off!!

Sylar

I know Sylar was a victim in his own right. Still trying to know his powers and how to control the hunger....if you want to call it that. However, he made a choice to be a villain, so keep him that way. I hate when folks try to humanize a bad guy. He was scary, dark, grim, quite sadistic, a solid comic book villain. Don't mess with him. And give us the Sylar vs Peter battle we're asking for. They should have called me and I would have wrote this entire show for them. It might have bombed. But it would have been better than sending Claire to the circus. And making Sylar think he was Nathan. On that note, did it hurt anyone's feelings when Sylar killed Nathan at the end of season 3? Didn't think so. I'm going to bed now.

5 comments:

  1. Heroes was downhill after season 1. Season two was a disaster in terms of writing and character development. It also introduced the most annoying character with superpowers, Maya. Her power was crying. Horrendous, traumatizing cry acting ensues. Kristen Bell was a nice addition to the series though. Season 3 was pretty mediocre and made characters the most wishy washy. Season 4 was the worst yet, introducing subplots that did not even make sense for characters and took them into directions nobody agreed with. Also the series end was something I predicted since around halfway through season 1. As far as characters go, the only reason to watch the show past season 1 was Sylar. Poor Peter, his character was dumped on through the series past season 1. It's like the writers wanted him to become the hero to Sylar's villain, but then realized the entire show would basically just become a battle between those two, since they were the most powerful. So instead, Peter gets amnesia, loses his powers completely, gains them back though a ridiculous super serum subplot, but now he can't hold more than 1 power at once. Is he all of a sudden less empathetic? No, I doubt that. The writers just wrote themselves into a hole and the only way out was to ruin Peter. Onto Claire. She really didnt have much of a growth in the series, despite her being one of the main characters that was featured a loooooot. Her entire character, personality, etc can be summed up in her powers. She heals. That is literally all she had going for her. Hiro. The tragic hero. He had some of the most interesting and sad character arcs through the series. I liked his character immensely. Didn't care for where they took him past season 3. Matt Parkman would have been one of the best characters. That is all I have to say about him. Last but not least, Mohinder. He went from dude who's obsessed eith superpowers to jerk, to superpowered almost rapist to superpowered nice guy? What. Dont forget that nobody else seemed to care, despite how much he had cared for like everyone else. There really wasn't any emotional connection throughout the series or character growth, all the writing was basically throw them into situations and see how they react, with the occasional plot twist everyone sees coming. I was glad when the original series ended, the only reason I had finished it out is because I prefer finality to stories. It really wasn't worth continuing to watch past season 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we are on the same page, lol. I stopped caring about Mohinder after season 1 truthfully. He was just getting in the way. That's why he wasn't mentioned in mine. I have no hopes for the resurface of this show.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they will wow us and introduce new characters like flue symptom girl, and the man who can turn himself into Broccoli. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful Jason, don't let them hear you. They might actually use your ideas. Which will probably be better than what they have planned.

      Delete